At Bellingen Riverside Cottages you set the pace. Be as active or as relaxed as you like.
Each Cottage has a small library of thrillers and mystery books for those looking for a quiet weekend behind a book. Bird lovers will be delighted by the local bird life – over 200 species have been eyed in and around Bellingen Riverside Cottages. The Cottages are a stone’s throw from the Bellinger River which offers swimming, and canoes and kayaks (pictured below) are on hand for those interested in a gentle paddle.
The Bellinger Valley is home to many natural attractions, music festivals and outdoor activities. Each year the Valley is home to the Global Carnival (world music festival), Bellingen Readers and Writers Festival, Camp Creative (art workshops) and The Jazz Festival.
Bellingen is surrounded by seven National Parks and vast tracts of State Forest. People travel from all over the world to visit the World Heritage Dorrigo National Park with its Skywalk and Walk with the Birds attractions.
Outdoor activities in the Bellinger Valley are limitless. There is excellent cycling both on and off road (see the local Bicycle User Groups ride schedule). State forests offer access to 4WDs. The Bellingen Market pulls people from up and down the North Coast to buy or sell quality goods and food. Our nearby beaches include Hungry Head (including the popular “Sand Mines” surf spot, north of the headland) and North Beach at Mylestom. Both these beaches have surf patrols during summer and dog leash-free areas.
- Swim or Fish in the Bellinger River or Never Never River, surf, go fishing or just walk on any one of a dozen nearby, unspoiled beaches (just 15 kms from Bellingen)
- Kayaking – use one of the kayaks provided and paddle into Bellingen (15-20 min) or cruise down the river, plenty of options
- Bushwalk in 1 of the 7 nearby National Parks
- Use our Gym or hire Marg for a personal training session. Our gym is well equipped with a bike, rower, three station weights machine, boxing bag, focus pads, free weights, dumbells and pump bars. Great open space.
Marg has been a personal trainer for nineteen years and does classes as well as one on one if you are wanting to keep up your fitness regime whilst on holidays.
- Games – use our tennis table at the gym anytime or our endless sports equipment. There’s lots of room plus our tennis court under construction.
- Drive the beautiful Waterfall Way to Armidale
- Visit the Butter Factory Arts & Craft Collective
- Go canoeing or White Water Rafting
- Visit the world renowned Dorrigo Steam Railway Museum,
- Play Golf at Bellingen or nearby Bonville International Golf Resort, Urunga
- Horse Riding at Valery Trails
- Raleigh International Raceway (Go Karts)
- See events in the Bellingen Shire
- Visit the Yellow Shed plus other interesting craft outlets